Sunday, July 5, 2009

Now How is the Boat Really??

The boat…ahhemmm…ship excuse me, is AMAZING. My room isn’t too bad, and although I’m lowest deck at least we don’t rock as much. Seasickness wasn’t a huge problem for me, but my fear of vomit is gone because I saw enough of it. We had rough seas crossing the Atlantic and even some of the crew weren’t doing too well. The food is not bad, although a lot of people complain because they serve a ridiculous amount of pork and beef. I agree its getting a little crazy. Not to mention carb oveloads!!! The gym does leave something to be desired, however I brought my Jillan Michael’s DVD so I have been working out despite the long waits and sign up sheets for the gym. Alcohol is served on the ship but its only beer and wine, and I don’t like beer and the wine sucks. So…. For me it’s just to hang out. Besides I have to “work” pub night every other night soo..yeah. That actually sucked until we had a talk with out boss, because we sitting at the exits making sure no one took alcohol beyond the 7th deck and at times it was frigid! Not to mention anti-social, nothing like a R.A. Oh well, now we are allowed to “float” around instead of sitting like rent- a-cops. My job as an R.A. is nothing like my traditional R.A., there are no on calls, no alcohol busts because everyone is legal, no counseling as most people fail to realize we exist, because this is the first time the ship has had R.A’s. So I do have chance to really enjoy my trip. Only downfall is I have to come back an hour earlier to on ship time to help with embarkation for 3 ports. I’m free in Civitavecchia and Naples. Classes are not that bad, I didn’t get to take a 4th class, which is just was well, because there is WAAAAYYYY to much to do on the ship. I’m actually glad it didn’t work out. I had two papers due and a test in the last 3 days. So far I have gotten an A- on a paper for my female characters in literature class. My professor is AMAZING. Greek Ethics leaves MUCH to be desired as our professor is dry and the same 3 people dominate discussion. He means well though, I feel a little bad. Global studies is pretty cool considering it’s a requirement for all. This past week we had Congresswoman Sanchez from California as out guest speaker between ports, she was pretty cool, however I did not get a chance to ask her my question about healthcare in the U.S., as everyone hogged the mic! Well I’m getting ready for Italy so I will have to write again once I have seen Civitavecchia, Rome, Sorrento, Capri and Naples!

No comments:

Post a Comment